- Our Pedicab drivers really enjoy their work!
- This is a fun and flexible position for anyone who loves working outside and enjoys connecting with people.
- You’ll meet visitors from around the world, get plenty of exercise, and make some great money!
- at VIP Pedicab, you may set your own hours, perfect for anyone who has to work around a class schedule or needs extra part-time income.
- Pick a schedule that fits your lifestyle! Most drivers work shifts of 5-8 hours.
- How much you earn depends on how many customers your serve. Our more experienced drivers can let you in on the best suggestions for where, when and how to pick up passengers.
- VIP Pedicab will train you free of charge.
- Passenger fares generally run from $10 to $25, depending on the distance traveled. For example, with five passengers, this would equate to $50.00 to $125.00.
- Successful Pedicab drivers are friendly and outgoing, and are experts at maneuvering safely through traffic. As you gain more experience, you’ll be able to move through busy downtown traffic with ease.
- At VIP Pedicab, we work with our new drivers until they are completely comfortable with their job, and feel confident controlling their bike and communicating with customers at the same time.
- Must have a valid state Driver’s License
- Must obtain a Pedicab Operator’s permit from the City Municipal Government. VIP Pedicab will assist you with all of the necessary information.
- Must obtain a business license (Also known as a “Business Tax.”)
- As a pedicab operator, you are considered an independent contractor with the City of San Diego. You are your own boss and set your own hours.
- To drive a Pedicab, you may pay VIP Pedicab a weekly or monthly lease to operate the vehicle. After that, you’re free to work whenever you want and keep 100% of the money you earn.
- Pedicab drivers must be physically fit, in good health, knowledgeable about San Diego, and able to pedal around downtown for several hours at a time.
Would you like to join our team? Then please contact us by filling out the contact form to the left! Just look below for more information to jump on your new career as a proud and earnest Pedicab driver!
To begin, download the information packet below, and visit or call your City Treasurer with any questions.
VIP Pedicab also invites all driver applicants to come into our shop on Tuesdays or Thursdays, at 2:00 PM to get a feel for our facility and culture, and to gather more information about the job. Please let us know when you would like to visit, and we will look forward to seeing you.